Raw'kin Snack of the Week!
A lot of people wonder if they can make almond milk with their NutriBullets, and the answer is yes! Here’s a wonderful recipe for a simple and tasty, raw almond milk from Choosing Raw.
- 1 cup almonds, soaked 8-12 hours beforehand if it’s possible
- 4 cups water
- 6 dates or 1/4 cup agave
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract (or the contents of a vanilla bean)
- Blend all ingredients in your NutriBullet.
- Let the milk strain into a glass jar through a cheesecloth for the smoothest consistency possible.
And that’s it! Here are some delicious variations offered up by Gena of Choosing Raw:
- Chocolate nut milk: To the recipe for vanilla almond milk, add 2 tbsp raw cacao nibs or unsweetened cocoa powder
- Cinnamon milk: To the recipe for vanilla almond milk, add 1 tsp cinnamon and a dash of nutmeg
- Chai milk: To the recipe for vanilla almond milk, add 1 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon garam masala, and 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- Sugar-free vanilla milk: In place of the dates, add stevia to taste