Homemade Garlic Cheesy Bread2
Holiday season is upon us. We get to partake in fancy parties with extravagant and cozy foods that make the season special. When I get the chance to host a holiday dinner, I love to include decadent spaghetti dishes and different types of lasagnas. Being part Italian, I have a passion for pastas and breads. But those pasta dinners would be lonely without my favorite homemade cheesy garlic bread that just happens to be so easy to make.
This recipe is courtesy of my friend Paula Deen. However, I did preform a recipe makeover on it, so it’s a little healthier than before. You can eat a couple of slices without it clogging your arteries. With every bite, you will enjoy a combination of crunchy, soft cheesy French bread.
Cheesy Garlic Bread
- One loaf of French bread, sliced horizontally
- 1/3 cup of softened butter
- ¼ cup light mayonnaise, or Vegenaise
- 2 – 3 cloves of minced garlic
- ½ cup of grated parmesan cheese
- ½ cup of shredded mozzarella or 3 cheese Colby Jack blend
- 2 tablespoons of fresh chopped Italian parsley
- Preheat oven at 400º Fahrenheit.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or silpat.
- In the short NutriBullet cup, add butter, mayonnaise or Vegenaise, and garlic and extract until well mixed, about 30 seconds.
- Scrape into a bowl and add both cheeses and parsley and mix well.
- Spread evenly over both sides of both pieces of bread.
- Bake for 15 – 20 minutes or until the tops start to brown.
- Let rest for a couple of minutes before cutting into slices and serving.
Everyone in my family loves this bread. It’s the perfect accompaniment for the celebratory meals. You’ll get plenty of oohs and ahhs when you pull this warm, cheesy bread from the oven. Please feel free to use different types of cheese. It’s wonderful with Asiago, too.