My family has always been really big on soup. Any day, any time, offer some, and they will take it. This, however turns into a problem in the summer time. Living in Southern California, it is very common for temperatures to reach over 95º between the months of July and August. It is way too hot to have soup, and we usually go without it until fall.
This happened every year, until I discovered a whole world of cold soup recipes. There were so many to choose from. I was even able to use some of my warm soup recipes cold. My family loves them and best of all they are super easy to make.
My new cold soup recipes have become a breeze to make with the NutriBullet.
Here is one of my new family favorites:
- 2 thin slice prosciutto
- 5 cups cantaloupe (cubed)
- 2 tbs. agave nectar
- 2 cups sparkling water or rose champagne
- Fresh basil (optional- only for garnish)
- Crisp the prosciutto in a non-stick pan over medium-high heat. It should take about 1-2 minutes per side. Allow it to cool, then crumble.
- In small batches, pulse the cantaloupe and agave nectar until in the NutriBullet until finely chopped, not completely smooth. Stir this mixture into the sparkling water or rose champagne. Divide the soup into four bowls and garnish with the crumbles prosciutto and fresh basil.
This recipe is exceptionally easy to make and fun to enjoy. It has the flair and taste of a fancy gourmet soup, but it only takes 20 minutes to make. Plus, it is a soup that can be served as a refreshing dish on a hot summer day. As always, feel free to take creative liberties.