Watermelon Lime Soda3
The words summer and watermelon are inseparable. When summer rolls around, my family loves to get their hands on sweet, juicy watermelon! It’s the sweetest season after all, and now is when watermelon is at the peak of flavor and freshness. But, it turns out watermelon does a lot more than quench your thirst on a hot summer day.
Watermelon is naturally hydrating with a ton of vitamins and minerals. It’s got lots of lycopene, the pigment that gives watermelon and tomatoes their red color, which is an important phytonutrient for cardiovascular health.
I didn’t want to make a regular NutriBlast, so I found this recipe on My Recipes – it’s a refreshing Watermelon Lime Soda that’s perfect for cooling you down on a hot day.
Watermelon Lime Soda
- 1/3 cup of sugar
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tablespoons peeled chopped fresh ginger
- 5 cups of diced watermelon
- ¼ cup of fresh lime juice
- 2 cups of club soda
- sprigs of fresh mint for garnish
- Combine sugar, water and ginger in small saucepan. Cook until sugar is dissolved, stirring with a whisk.
- Remove from heat and cool for 15 minutes.
- In 2 – 3 batches, add watermelon and lime juice to your tall NutriBullet cup and extract until smooth.
- In a large pitcher, combine sugar syrup, watermelon mixture and club soda. Serve over ice and garnish with a sprig of mint.
This is very thirst-quenching summertime drink. Perfect for BBQs and pool parties, the combination of watermelon and infused ginger syrup adds a little sweet and spice to the beverage. Want to make this the perfect adult cocktail? Try adding a shot of white rum for flavor.